Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 7


Wowza. It's been 7 days since we took off. Today was a heck of a lot better then yesterday! It started off rocky. We took the shuttle instead of the taxi and that lead to all kinds of strangeness. Somehow we understood enough of the drivers Asian accent to know when to get off the shuttle. 

We picked out a Nissan for our rental car, well, technically I picked it out with a huge ass grin on my face and Chelsea swears she didn't care!! She named her Nancy the Nissan :) 

It took the two of us to navigate our way out of the city. Well technically Chelsea would shout "turn NOW" when ever I needed to turn. I was so focused on the road and not side swiping any cars.  we made a good team. 

We made a pit stop on the side if the road for some peaches, apricots, nectarines, and plumes?. Yeah we don't know what it is either but we figured it's gotta be fresh and locally grown. There's no better time to try. 

Our hostel, which is basically a dorm, is in a tiny town. Lots of local barn quilts for me to photograph for mom :) we escaped the heat by having one then two cider beers at the first saloon in CA? Or something close to that. I'm typing this after feeling those cider beers!! Out hostel does not have AC and holy hotness in this joint! We are really, really looking forward to our yurt in a couple days! 


Tasty cider beer!! Locally brewed!!

Some of the scenery on the way 


Nancy the Nissan

Chelsea flell in love with this cafe!!


German sausage with kraut and sweet potato fries for me!!


Our produce stop!

The view from the cafe!

I found this on top of the Nissan. I really hope Nancy isn't a dealer :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment